The Learning Disabilities Association of New Brunswick aims to promote the understanding and acceptance of the ability of persons with learning disabilities to lead meaningful and successful lives. Our mission is to establish accurate information regarding learning disabilities, assist families, adults with LDs and professionals, and speak as a provincial authority on learning disabilities.
To mark the 50th anniversary of LDANB-TAANB and to celebrate those who have provided continued support to the association and to persons with learning disabilities, the board of directors are pleased to announce the first LDANB-TAANB Awards Gala. The event will be held on Thursday, October 22nd in Fredericton. Additional details will be released closer to the event.
The evening will celebrate New Brunswickers who have made outstanding contributions in the following categories:
- Barton Tutors
- Recognition of Corporate/Community/Government of New Brunswick partners
- LDANB-TAANB Board Member Achievement Award
Nominations are being sought for the following category:
- Individual/Group with Outstanding Achievement in the Support of Persons with Learning Disabilities
The individual/group who receives this award will have gone above and beyond by:
- Embracing the use of assistive technology in their classroom or workplace to support their students or employees with learning disabilities.
- Incorporating universal design into their teaching/lesson plans.
- Providing a voice for persons with learning disabilities.
- OR an individual who has overcome obstacles with their own learning disability.
The nomination form can be found here or on our Facebook page.