LDANB-TAANB Opens Applications for Annual Scholarship
LDANB strives to promote the understanding and acceptance of the ability of persons with learning disabilities to lead meaningful and successful lives. LDANB recognizes that access to higher education plays an important role in this mission, and as such LDANB is pleased to open the application period for
its annual scholarship.
The scholarship of $1,000 will be awarded to a grade 12 student entering post-secondary in the 2022-2023 academic year, or a current post-secondary student who will be continuing their studies into the 2022-2023 academic year.
To be considered for the scholarship the applicant must meet the following application requirements:
- Have a diagnosed learning disability. The definition of a learning disability is on the Learning Disabilities Association of Canada website – LINK
- Include one of the following with your application: letter from the ESS team at your school, from student services on campus, or the diagnostic statement from a psychoeducational assessment.
- Be a resident of New Brunswick.
- Submit an essay or other creative submission.
- Submit application by the indicated deadline.
Along with the application, LDANB asks that you submit an essay or creative submission on your experience as a person living with a learning disability. The essay should 500-800 words. For anyone interested in a creative submission, please contact Ainsley at firstname.lastname@example.org. Potential topics are:
- How having a learning disability has impacted your life.
- Obstacles you have overcome in your life/education.
- Accomplishments you are proud to have achieved as a person living with a learning disability.
We thank all applicants for their interest. The scholarship recipient will be notified on May 31st, 2022.
The funds will be paid directly to the post-secondary institution upon receipt of a confirmation of enrollment.