Learning Disabilities Association of New Brunswick 2022–2023 Scholarship The Learning Disabilities Association of New Brunswick (LDANB) is a charitable organization founded in 1970. Our mission is to promote the understanding and acceptance of the ability of persons with learning disabilities to lead meaningful and successful lives. LDANB recognizes that access to higher education plays an important role in this mission, and as such LDANB is pleased to open the application period for its annual scholarship.
The scholarship of $1,000 will be awarded to a grade 12 student entering post-secondary in the 2022-2023 academic year, or a current post-secondary student who will be continuing their studies into the 2022-2023 academic year.
To be considered for the scholarship the applicant must meet the following application requirements:
- Have been diagnosed with a learning disability. The definition of what a learning disability is can be found at here.
- Include one of the following with your application:
- letter from the ESS team at your school or from student services on campus
- the diagnostic statement from a psychoeducational assessment.
- Be a resident of New Brunswick.
- Submit application by the indicated deadline.
Along with the application, LDANB asks that you submit an essay or creative submission on your experience as a person living with a learning disability. The essay should 500-800 words. Potential topics could include but are not limited to:
- How having a learning disability has impacted your life.
- Obstacles you have overcome in your life/education.
- Accomplishments you are proud to have achieved as a person living with a
We thank all applicants for their interest. The scholarship recipient will be notified on May 31st, 2022.
The funds will be paid directly to the post-secondary institution upon receipt of a confirmation of enrollment.