Summer 2015 Newsletter Page 3
TD Bank Grant:
The Learning Disabilities Association of New Brunswick would like to sincerely thank TD Bank Group for their very generous donation in the amount of $10,000 for our Barton Reading and Spelling System. TD Bank Group’s support will help us to continue to make a difference in the lives of children with learning disabilities and their families by giving them access to opportunities they never believed possible.
The TD Bank Charitable Foundation, formed in 2002, offers grants to non-profit and public institutions to create meaningful change and improvement in our communities. Each year, TD employees dedicate many volunteer hours to working with community organizations. Their focus is on community involvement and responsible corporate citizenship.
Thank you TD Bank Group for supporting our mission to promote the understanding and acceptance of the ability of persons with learning disabilities to lead meaningful and successful lives.
Barton Reading and Spelling Program:
The Barton Reading and Spelling Program is a specialized literacy service aimed at improving the reading, writing, and spelling skills of school-aged children and adults alike who have low literacy levels due to reading difficulties or reading disabilities. The Barton Reading & Spelling System is a specialized one-on-one tutoring service based on the Orton-Gillingham method which teaches the phonemic structure of the English language using a multi-sensory approach.
Who can Benefit From Barton?
- School-Aged children and adults who struggle with reading, writing, and spelling.
- Someone who can read and comprehend spoken English at the 2nd grade level.
When and Where Will Tutoring be Offered?
- Tutoring will be offered in the Greater Fredericton Area in a quiet, private classroom setting.
- The one-hour tutoring will take place twice a week, after school or in the early evenings starting in Sept. 2015
How Much Does it Cost?
- LDANB-TAANB is a non-profit organization and strives to offer literacy services at the lowest possible cost. The Barton tutoring sessions cost $15 per 1-hour session, with a one time administration fee of $50. However, If
financial concerns are a barrier for you, LDANB also offers full or partial subsidies for low-income families to
access this service. Please contact us for more information.
To Register for Barton: For more information or to register for our fall Barton sessions, please contact
our Education Officer, Natalie Bowley, at (506) 459-7852 or via email at: [email protected]